"SURF ONLINE SAFE" PARENT PRESENTATION - Wednesday, 25 September 2019. 7.00pm to 8.30pm
Parents and carers of Harrisdale SHS students are invited to attend a presentation by Paul Litherland of Surf Online Safe on Wednesday, 25 September, 7.00 - 8.30pm in the Library.
Paul, a leading former WA police Officer with 20 years' experience will provide easy to follow information to help you better understand and manage the networks and systems your teens are using.
- Cyber Bullying – How to act, react and cope.
- Digital Citizenship – Where our kids are going, what they are using and how to stay safe using them.
- Online Footprint – How easy it is to find them and how to minimise this effect.
- Social Networking – How they work and how to overcome their reach.
- Online Gaming and Website Use – What are safe and unsafe practices.
- Information Sharing – Some great examples, tips and hints.
- Sexting and Sexploitation – Nudes and statistics surrounding this.
- The Law – How it can protect teens but also expose them to risk
RSVP with your name and number of adults attending to Harrisdale.SHS.Events@education.wa.edu.au