Enrolment Policy and Procedures
Enrolment decisions in public schools are made in accordance with the School Education Act (1999) and Department of Education policy, on criteria based on age, residential location, visa status and educational needs.
Who Should Complete the Enrolment Form?
A Parent/Carer/Guardian: who are defined in the School Education Act 1999 as persons who at law have responsibility for the long-term care, welfare and development of the child; or the day-to-day care, welfare and development of the child.
Application and Eligibility
The school has accommodation for a student where their usual place of residence is within the boundary of the Harrisdale Senior High School local intake area as determined by the Department of Education at the time the enrolment commences. Siblings are not assured enrolment at the school where the family is outside the school boundary at the time of the sibling's enrolment. A separate enrolment form needs to be completed for each child.
A map of the most current local intake area for students entering Year 9-12 in 2024 may be viewed below:
To assist the school to determine the student's eligibility under local intake, the following documentation needs to be attached to the application for enrolment:
- Proof of ownership of the property by the parent/s where the student will reside. Three documents need to be provided as evidence and may include a rates notice from the local council, a gas, telephone or other official account that provides proof of residence.
- Where the family is in a rental property, a copy of the rental agreement.
The renting of a room at a property is not acceptable for enrolment.
Parents are reminded that under the Education Act 1999, Division 2.20 "the Principal may cancel the enrolment if false or misleading information was given in the application." It is a requirement that the school is informed immediately of any change of address. It is also a requirement that all the information provided is accurate.
Additional documents required at the time of enrolment:
- a copy of the student's Birth Certificate;
- passports of the parents and the student if born overseas;
- a copy of immunisation records (a requirement of the Department of Education). Parents of students vaccinated in Australia can request an Immunisation History Statement at any time by telephoning ACIR (Australian Childhood Immunisation Register) on 1800 653 809 (free call) or Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- a copy of the most recent school report; and
- Any Family Court orders or parenting plans registered with the Family Court.
Please note appointments are required when submitting enrolment forms. Appointments require completed enrolments along with documentation. The student is not required to attend the submission appointment.
Enrolment submission appointments are available between the hours of 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday to Friday during the school term.