Functions of the Board
The Harrisdale Senior High School Board acts to promote the objectives and interests of the school community, its role being to provide strategic guidance and monitoring.
The School Board participates fully in:
- endorsing the Harrisdale Senior High School Delivery and Performance Agreement² ;
- endorsing and reviewing the school budget and business plan;
- monitoring the school’s performance;
- developing processes to review the satisfaction levels of parents, staff and students, with results reported in the annual school report;
- endorsing the annual school report; and
- selecting the Principal when a vacancy arises.
The Board has a proactive role in carrying out these functions and in the review and endorsement of school policies, plans and reports.
Structure of the Harrisdale Senior High School Board
The School Board is made up of :
- the Principal
- a staff member
- a parent member
- members from community and business/industry
The composition of the Board reflects the diversity of the school community and members have the skills and experience required to provide sound governance and effective decision-making.
The School Board members are:
- Mrs Everal Eaton - Principal, Harrisdale Senior High School
- Mr Alan Rumsley - Chairperson
- Mr Gregory Walkington - Deputy Chairperson & Community Member
- Ms Angie Ayers - Staff Member
- Mr Owen Davies - Staff Member
- Ms Erin Parry - Staff Member
- Mr Sam Loveless - Staff Member
- Mrs Vanessa Woodington - Community Member
- Mr Aaron Bowling - Community Member
- Mr Badhar Vattekattayil - Community Member
- Mr Viju Baby - Elected Parent Member