Discover your full potential as a netball player – Welcome to the Netball Specialist Program at Harrisdale Senior High School, where we aim to develop the next generation of netball stars.
Harrisdale Senior High School is proudly a Tier 2 Netball WA Endorsed School.
The Netball Specialist Program was developed in 2020 and focuses on building a culture based on our school values of excellence, care, respect, and responsibility. The program is available to male and female students across Years 7-12’s, providing opportunities for students to achieve sporting excellence. Netball students will learn to coach, manage and umpire teams during organised competitions. The program is aligned with the National Curriculum of core skills established by Netball WA.
Two Netball Specialist Program paths
|Netball Specialist Program||Year 7-12 students|
|Netball Specialist Class||
Year 9 & 10
(students with allocated four periods per week for theory and practical components)
Netball Specialist Program Outcomes
- Netball skill development
- Athlete development (diet, nutrition, fitness, preparation & recovery)
- Sports nutrition
- Fitness testing and assessment
- Injury prevention (taping, sports medicine & rehabilitation)
- Game systems and strategies
- Coaching and Umpiring Development
- Community links (club & association)
- Inclusive Coaching
Successful athletes will be required to attend after school training each week with high level coaching and maintain good standing in line with the Harrisdale SHS values.
Year 9 and 10 Netball Specialist Program Specialist Class students will have:
- 3 hours per week developing their skills, knowledge and fitness.
- An exercise and sports science component, incorporating nutrition, sports medicine courses, sports psychology, training for competition, recovery and rehabilitation, coaching and umpiring.
- A holistic approach, with a strong focus on teamwork, collaboration and personal health and wellbeing.
- Opportunities to compete in SSWA competitions at Zone, Regional and State level.
- Opportunities to compete against leading Netball schools, Interstate and International teams.
- Individualised programs for players.
- Links to Southern Districts Netball Association and specialised coaching and umpiring mentors.
- Fitness assessment and specific feedback twice a year, in relation to National Standards.
2023 Specialist Program Coaches
At our Specialist Program, we have highly qualified coaches who are passionate about helping players of all skill levels reach their full potential.
Netball Specialist Program Coordinator: Cheney Armstrong
Year 9 – 12 Coaches: Cheney Armstrong, Amanda Upton & Kaylie Simpson
Year 7 – 8 Coaches: Makenzie Lee, Annabelle Standing & Wayne Deligero
Connecting with Southern Districts Netball Association
Harrisdale Senior High School is linked to Southern Districts Netball Association (SDNA). This supports a connection between our students and their local community netball pathway. This link will provide:
- SDNA umpiring coordinator to help upskill the students completing the foundation umpiring course. Students will then be provided with opportunities to assist with umpiring primary school carnivals, Net Set Go competitions and spring social competitions.
- Men’s netball development officer and other development coaches providing playing opportunities and specialist coaching to our students
- Pathway to local clubs and teams.
Expressions of Interest
Join the Netball Specialist Program and discover your full potential as a netball player.
If you are a current student in Year 6 and would like to attend a taster sessions for our Netball Specialist Program, please complete this form. Taster sessions will be held on Monday 4th & Monday 11th of September 2023.
Please note: The Netball Specialist Program class for Year 9 and 10 has a compulsory charge associated. Please refer to the Charges, Contributions & Personal Items List for your student’s year group.
In proud partnership with Netball WA: wa.netball.com.au/specialist-schools