NAPLAN Lockdown Browser
Select one of the above buttons based on your device's operating system.
Wednesday 15th March - for Year 7 & 9 students.
NAPLAN is a national literacy and numeracy assessment that runs for students in Years 7 and 9.
NAPLAN provides parents and carers the opportunity to track a student's learning progress in the essential skills of reading, writing and numeracy against national curriculum standards.
2023 NAPLAN Schedule for Harrisdale Senior High School runs from Wednesday 15 March - Monday 20 March (Term 1, Week 7).
This schedule has been sent to all parents and students across Years 7 -12 as it contains room changes that affect all year groups. Please be aware that these changes will also reflect in SEQTA for students to make it easier to find classes. Physical copies of the room changes are displayed around the campus for students.
The following information below is for students in Years 7 and 9:
To ensure that you are adequately prepared prior to Wednesday:
- You have installed the 2023 NAPLAN Locked Down Browser on your device. This can be found in the above link. Please ensure the correct browser for your device’s operating system (MAC/WINDOWS)
- Your device is fully charged prior to your NAPLAN assessment.
- You are bringing a pair of headphones to each NAPLAN assessment. You can check that they work by opening the 2023 NAPLAN Locked Down Browser and clicking 'Device Check'.
- You check the attached schedule and know which room you will be in. NAPLAN will be conducted in your Home Room group class sets in the Mathematics building (Building 600).
- Students who receive special adjustments such as extra time for their assessments have a dedicated room for NAPLAN. Please attend your normal Home Room group for the first NAPLAN assessment where your Test Administrator will direct you to attend the special adjustment room, if required. If you have been directed to the special adjustment room for the Writing assessment, you will be in that same special adjustment room for all of your NAPLAN assessments. Please head there directly for all other assessments.
- If you are absent for a NAPLAN assessment, it is very important to ensure that you are attending the catch-up sessions that are held in the Library. Please check the schedule to see when these are held.
- Check out the following website for tips on how you can prepare for each of your NAPLAN assessments: Tips to Ace NAPLAN